Thread: Make it handle
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 01:01 PM   #299
robnolimit

Re: Make it handle

New parts for the new year. Tony from Ride-Tech, with a blessing from the big man, sent me a set of their new Coil-Over shocks to test out. To start with, I am really happy with the Romic billit coil-overs that we use, and I am somewhat nervous about swapping coil-overs with the Run To The Coast event coming up in Feb. It has taken a bunch of tuning to get the Bullit to do what it does, and I really don't want to go any slower. So, here's what I think so far. RideTech has gone to bearing mounts on all coil-overs and Shockwaves. I think this is a great step forward, and no, it wount make the ride harsh. Most Coil-over bushings fade over time. The machine quality and finish is A+. Have twisted many a coil-over spanner, I have to say I like the 'Fine thread" aproach. It may take more turns per inch of adjustment, but it is easier to turn, and has less chance of thread damage. Last night we put one on my nieghbors shock dyno. (Canyon Racers, Pro Moto-x Tuners). Results look really good. The compression rates stay linear with stroke speed, and on the rebound side, each click of additional rebound adds an equal percentage of dampening, this is a plus, and will make tuning much easier. We ran them at a high frequency for about 15 min. A shock tortute test. Heat buildup raised the dampening rates by less than 2%. This means that the material used in the valving shim pack is top quality, and the piston seal is 100%. So far I'm impressed. It's nice to have friends with cool toys. I get one track test day before the RTTC, in about three weeks. I'll let you know. My big question for RideTech is, Are you going to make a NON coil-over version, for coil and bag guys?
Attached Images

robnolimit is offline   Reply With Quote