View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 05:37 PM   #68
jltait

Re: 85 GMC Sierra Classic 1 Ton Crew Cab

Mattman,
I did a little research that I hope helps you. First 4 pic's are a double hump crossmember that I picked up for my truck when I do the nv4500/np205/4x4 conversion on my R30 ('87 2wd dually). This is from a '85 k30 dually that had an np205/sm465 4 speed, It slides right into the frame and sits nice and flat and appears to have the mounting position correct for the desired driveline angle. Next 4 are a mid 80's single hump, again it sits nice in the frame and appears to have the same mount height for correct driveline angle. Kind of hard to tell though 'cause I had to put it backward to clear the exhaust which is on the driver side on my R30. The last 3 pictures are of the crossmember in my current running (barely) plow truck It has a th700r4 and np208 transfer case and I do not think the tranny/tcase have ever been pulled from this truck. Note the mouting position and that it appears to be Identical to the double hump crossmember in the first series of pictures..

I had another truck previously that had a np205/th400 and it too had the doublehump crossmember. I think GM may have commonised the crossmember design in the mid '80's that may have been more tranny/tcase specific previously. I am thinking if you pick up a Doublehump from a mid 80's truck as shown that it should work for you.
Attached Images

jltait is offline   Reply With Quote