View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 01:53 AM   #310
78bronzechariot

Re: ** YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN** The truck Chevrolet should have built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
I cannot beleve he didn't put some kinda reserve on it! Musta been really hurtin for cash.. Good score! I'd give up all 3 of my rollaways and top chests for that.
I can believe it. I used to be a professional mechanic. Paid over $5000 for my Matco Toolbox. I hated my job, and ended up hating working on my own cars because it wasn't fun anymore. It was like being at work. I changed careers so I would enjoy cars again. Anyway, I was moving and I needed to sell it, so I let mine go for $1500. The problems with getting top dollar out of those things are: 1) most people don't need one because you don't have to worry about coworkers stealing your stuff, 2) the people who do need them can pay 50 bucks a week to the Matco, Cornwell, Snap-on truck instead of $5000 all at once, and 3) transportation: those things weigh a ton! took three good sized guys to lift mine into the new owners truck and that was with all the drawers taken out!

Still congratulations it is a nice place to store your tools when you have one, sometimes I regret selling mine.

Sorry to Highjack, end of tangent.... And you are building an awesome truck
78bronzechariot is offline   Reply With Quote