View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 08:55 AM   #20
special-K
Special Order

Re: Lets see some pics of those stock flatbeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968CHEVYC10 View Post
The maroon one is actually a homemade wood flatbed, the guy did a build thread on it several months ago.
The second and the fifth trucks in the first post are factory flatbeds. That maroon truck had it listed on the SPID. All the wood was replaced along with some mods,but that's a factory flatbed. They can be identified by the two rib stock that is rounded at the corners. These trucks came with the standard GM tail and reverse lamps as used on Stepsides,StepVans,flatbeds,as well as cab & chassis trucks. The same design beds go back to the '50s,at least.
I wouldn't change a thing on that all original '67 Napco. That is a rarer truck than any CST. Sometimes base model just screams "Cool!" and this one does for sure. I'm glad Sakontr is treating it as it should be. Dig that GM brush guard!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 01-14-2011 at 09:00 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote