View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 11:47 PM   #149
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: NV4500 swap is underway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomad75 View Post
Just tell me when. I can drive it without seats! Park my tail on the floor hump and it's on!

Looks good!
Yeah, you could drive it without seats! For those of you that don’t know Rob, he is a manzilla! He has a striking resemblance to RatFink when driving his S10 too.

Well, the cluster is back in, all switches and wire connections are hooked up, then fired it up this afternoon! To my surprise everything worked without a single issue. Not even a P/S pump whine (hydroboost can be a PITA to bleed sometimes). I figured something would go wrong going back together being it was tore so far apart and for so long.

So far the hydroboost hose I was worried about isn’t leaking yet either but doesn’t mean it won’t once I put some time and miles on it. Ran it up to about 45 MPH through all the gears with the truck up on jack stand with no scary noises or anything coming from the driveline. The hydroboost brakes seem to work great! The tires stop spinning right now when you press the brake.

So far so good! Now all I need are some damn seats! It still has a Rhino date on the 28th seats or no seats. Oh, yeah still need to buy a stereo too. Going to get a some kind of deck with a remote control this time, as pressing the buttons is a PITA in a big bouncy truck.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote