View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 01:18 PM   #96
robnolimit

Re: No Limit '72 C-10

Friday. That feels good. The first step is done, sort of. Check out the picts. Out back, we swapped for some 2" drop springs, and a 2" block. I didn't get to the panhard rod, I might do that this weekend. Up front, 2 1/2" spindles, and a stock spring with one coil cut. We had to put a new pass. lower ball joint in, and two new outer tie rod ends.
1. Ok, it sits lower, but not right, and it drives WAY better.
2. The back is too high, and the front is too low - maybe. Also, the front may be a bit soft for my taste.
3. The front sits crooked. This is a bit of a concern to me. The pass front sits about 1" lower than the drivers side. It has no sway bars, and it looks like the problem is in the spring/arm area. We had the frame 'racked' last week, and the chassis itself is straight. Could be a bad spring. Looks like I have to pull it apart again. The whole "dropmember" concept is really clear to me now, as I smacked the crossmember on some RR tracks last night.
4. A good look under the truck shows that the body is about a 1/2" off to the drivers side, and it is missing the rubber mounts under the core support. ( it has a nifty wood block on one side) So, I think new body bushings are next on the list.
All in all its a step forward, I guess. It leads me to think there is more needed to get the J.T. up to par.
Attached Images

robnolimit is offline   Reply With Quote