View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 10:09 PM   #39
THE "10" SILVERADO

Re: Got a little done today....

Went to go start up the truck tonight and took a minute for it to start...it turned over a little and then I tried again only this time instead of turning it just made a low "errrrr" noise for a second so I let off and then tried one more time and it started right up? Anyone know what that noise might have been? Well in the mist of doing that I kinda looked at the decaying dash pad and decided....I'm free tonight...I'll just yank it out.....came out pretty easy cept the left side was baked onto the metal dash and required a little force to break it away....also noticed that there were glass pieces all over the dash under the pad...I guess the windshield was knocked out once or so? Anyway I found out that about half of the clips were just gone...you could see where they were so I figured they might have fallen off but they were just gone.....couldn't find them...also found some plastic crap around the plug in for the "in glass" antennae....don't know what it's for so I left it alone but it was really hard to try to pry off without scratching the windshield with a knife or something.
Attached Images