View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 12:58 PM   #108
robnolimit

Re: No Limit '72 C-10

Arrrgghhh! well, not so good. I,ve been fighting some carb issues. Yesterday I pulled the carb apart and it run great, Best it ever has. Off to the track we go. The good news is, I didn't spin out, and the new gas cap doesn't leak a drop. The first fewlaps felt OK, then the carb issues came back. We pulled off to the pits, and pulled the top off of the carb, totaly filled with rust and dirt. We cleaned it again, then pulled the filter. (should have done that the first time. The element is gone, you can see right through it. OK, put it back together. I ran about 6 more laps, then the stumbling came back again. Thats it. Time to see if it will make it home. Limping it on the side roads, the JT barely made it home. The nights best lap was a 56.16, not its best, but the times were more consistant, and it was easier to get around the track. Front springs are too soft. I have to think that the tank, lines, pump, and carb are filled with rust. This may be the real reason it was for sale. No biggie, this is the easy stuff to fix.
2011 Truckin' Throwdown Champion
GoodGuys 2010 National Champion

Proud to put our products up against all others!
robnolimit is offline   Reply With Quote