View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 09:17 AM   #2
lakeroadster
Account Suspended

Re: LMC...God-Send...Or Book of Expensive Crap?

Check out this link in regards to power door locks: http://www.64moneypit.pages.qpg.com/id11.html

In regards to LMC, you are not alone, I stopped buying from them. LMC consistently provides parts of questionable quality.

They also mark up items some items 70%, see below.

Always better to go with Reconditional Original Parts or NOS.

Here is post I made on The Stovebolt site entitled "Caveat Emptor: Buyer Beware" way back in January of 2007:
Hope you guys learn from my oversights........

I bought a bunch of parts for my '65 Chevy from LMC before Christmas. I competitively checked prices on all of the items before placing the order except for the rear coil springs. The springs were $170.

The springs had a "CPP" Classic Performance Products sticker on them. I looked them up on the internet, the springs were $100.00

A $70 mark-up by LMC? What the ?@#!!

I called them, informed them of the 70% mark-up and asked them what they could do to make it right? The gal snapped back "we don't do price matching!".

I sent the coil springs back to LMC and bought them from CPP.

Even though I had to eat the shipping charges I still recouped some of my losses.

Now I fully understand that this is my bad, I should have checked around. But I still feel that LMC is price gouging on this item. There are a lot of other options for pieces parts; you can bet I won't pick LMC as my first choice in the future.

Last edited by lakeroadster; 01-27-2011 at 09:23 AM.
lakeroadster is offline   Reply With Quote