View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

I built my truck...

I've had a model around for years. Couple weeks ago I was trying out my detail spray gun (for the garage) and had a sample of the paint I am planning for my C-10 (GM 511 turquoise poly) and decided the model would be a good place to check it out.

Everyone (wife and kids) approved of the color. This weekend I had some time and decided to work on the kit. I did a simple car kit a couple weeks back as kind of a practice job, but it really didn't need much for paint.

The 72 fleetside kit is molded in white and everything needs painted. Anyway, it went together pretty good, with just a few glitches. The kit was bought as an opened one from somewhere and there were a few pieces missing, I'll get to that later. So here it is, minus wheels...

This is the most detail I've ever tried on a model. Got the wheel rim painted, found a color that will closely match my intended interior color. It looks blue in the pics, but is actually a teal or aqua color. The only thing I wish I had done better is the gages, but I tried, and that counts for something...

I thought I did ok on the engine detail...

I think the lights turned out ok...

I used some grey in the grill and wiped off the ridges to give it a more realistic look. But I did not try to do the black around the edge.

Last edited by hgs_notes; 01-30-2011 at 04:23 PM.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote