View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 01:26 PM   #166
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: NV4500 swap is underway

A few interior work in progress photos. The Rhino turned out really nice but cost WAY TOO much! The Rhino dealer should have been wearing a ski mask! $668 is ridiculous!

The long test drive from the Rhino shop back home brought out a few issues that need dealt with. The suspect hose from the booster to the gear box finally started leaking which figured it would. The slave cylinder is also leaking at the bore where the push rod comes out and the clutch pedal doesn’t feel right with very little travel. Go figure….another piece of junk Napa part. Lastly, I am worried out this trans as it is pretty loud in 5th gear. Granted there was no insulation inside the cab at the time so once I get the interior back together it may be just fine….I hope! I do love the way the 8.1L runs with the NV4500 though, much more so than the ZF S6-650 in my 2001 HD.

My trip to Detroit this week was cancelled so now I have another week at home to play with it.

Oh, this heavy floor mat is a hassle to install and trim. This thing is heavy and tougher than heck. Funny...even the mat has the same texture as Rhino.

Last edited by DirtyLarry; 01-31-2011 at 01:28 PM.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote