View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 04:18 PM   #16
paintman

Re: Lost my stovebolt virginity

Hey thanx for all the feedback guys! Its going to be hard not to change out the pacer front end once I get it all torn down. Its just going to be real tempting to go with all new, and parts that are readily available. Oh well for now the truck is just sitting in the garage. I have a ton of snow on my property and have run out of places to put it when the plow guy comes. So the truck is going nowhere soon. Heres a few more pics that I have just to kepp ya occupied over the winter.
Take a close look at the patch panel that is pop riveted to the back of the cab. When I asked the PO why it was there he told me he bought the truck that way and has no idea why the original builder put it there. Before i paid for the truck he pulled the seat out to show me, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the sheetmetal no rust, no dings, nothing. The only thing we can think of is it was put there to protect the cab from rusting,....or theres a treasure map under it that the guy was hiding from his wife. I guess I will find out when I go to paint the truck. I know one thing I got alot of pop rivets to drill out and fill in

paintman is offline   Reply With Quote