View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 08:20 PM   #60
RootBeer 6117

Re: Project Lesson Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Mike View Post
We have 2" of snow and the whole city has pretty much closed down!
Mike we are shut down they have closed all three college campuses which is very rare and I heard I-70 from here to near St Louis is closed.I have been trying to keep my driveway open not only am I battling snow falling at 1.5 inches an hour but a snow plow guy that shut all the driveways with a 4ft berm of snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62ChevyII View Post
What a great project for shop class. My shop teacher was nowhere as cool as you, what a lucky bunch of kids.

We are home schooling our kids and so we are kinda doing the same thing with my latest S-10 swap. My wife takes care of most of the book stuff and I get to play in the garage evenings/weekends with them for shop class. I'm still having trouble getting them really motivated to do much... man I would have killed to have my dad wanting to build stuff in the garage with me. Video games are tough to compete with... I should have never bought the first one, grr. sorry about the rant, LOL.

Great project you guys have goin'!
As far as the weather goes, it's snowin' and blowin' here too and I am ready for spring.
62 Chevy your truck has been an inspiration to me/us we have looked at your build many times figuring out how we were going to do stuff.
I don't know how cool I am I make them do things like be on time,work hard, no horse play, show respect, all those things that might hurt their self esteem,we must coddle to their needs (BS) I have a counselor or two that doesn't like me. Something about I don't give a damn if he does have ADD I probably do to, all that means he has to work harder.
My dad was an AG teacher in Nevada MO. near Ft Scott, then he moved us here and taught AG at MU, I spent a lot of time in shops and working on stuff.
I really like my job, it has its challenges but it has rewards.
I understand the video games some of my students like to get on line and play they don't like me when they do, they get fired.
Joe
RootBeer 6117 is offline   Reply With Quote