View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 03:26 AM   #22
Erik V

Re: Resurrection of a Family Friend

So Friday my ebay 2 core aluminum radiator showed up. Took over an hour to get it installed since the passenger side top bracket needed massaged in order to clear the cap. So once I got it all in I decided I just HAD to drive it out on the real public roads, so I went a few blocks down the street for wiper blades (needed an excuse right?). The old ones are aluminum bracketed Trico's made in England (yeah-UK used to make Trico blades).

Now the engine bay looks ghetto, super shiney fancy radiator up front, grimey gross paint flaked engine, dirty inner fenders etc. So I spent some time degreasing as much as I could today. This week I hope to flip flop the valve covers around so the fill can be on the passenger front instead of hiding by the brake booster. Probably going to do some spot painting of the engine with stuff in place (ie: not pulling headers etc just for paintwork). Had to hunt all over town to find a proper form fit upper radiator hose. I didnt want do do the degreasing at my house and have my neighbors freak out about the rainbows I was washing down the drains, so I went out to a buddy's house in the country and oiled down part of his side yard. Then after hours of working on my own stuff, and some of his, I drove ~10 miles to dinner. So far, thats ~25 miles of road use with the worst hiccup being the constant shaking and violent bouncing anywhere above 25mph. While over at my buddy's place, I stole some air compressor time, and found my 33/12.50's were at LF-15psi, LR-25psi, RF-12psi, RR-15psi. No wonder it was so bouncy-once pumped up to 30psi all around, it drove great (as great as a neglected 40 year old short wheel base 4x4 could).

I swear, pics will follow-my buddy snapped some with his fancy camera while we were going to dinner tonight, and my sister's Bday is this week, so I might take my niece out to give my sister some Bday sanity-so if that happens I'll make her take some pics for me or at least lend me a camera.

Erik
Erik V is offline   Reply With Quote