View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 05:13 PM   #19
flatbed51

Re: My 1951 chevy project

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTown View Post
Is there something wrong with the frame on your truck? If not, then I would simply box it up and put an IFS of your choice up front and a four link of your choice in the rear.

My roller is pretty much finished up now, and it has a camaro/firebird clip up front. I don't see where there is any width issue at all. The entire front end has been completely installed on it too. The reason I would go to an IFS if I could do it over again is because I love the clean, simple look of them. The full length straight frame rails are just more attractive to me than the curvaceous, modern looking clips patched onto the vintage frame.

Just thought I'd add my opinion, since I've been in your shoes.
GhostTown
The front will most likely wind up being the Camaro clip, so I can spend what money I have to play with on the rear end set up, which will be very visible with the flatbed. I want to do a C4 Corvette set up, or four link. I had a Camaro clip that we installed on my 57 truck a few years back, and was plenty satisfied with it.

I like the gas tank you have going into your truck. It is not one I had considered. I was going to use a 70 Nova tank, but now am considering the tank you have. This is what is cool about this site, We get to share ideas,and pictures of installs with each other.

48,49,50 Chevy trucks. 41 Olds

Last edited by flatbed51; 02-13-2011 at 11:43 AM. Reason: wording change
flatbed51 is offline   Reply With Quote