View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 04:08 AM   #15
2fast55

Re: Needed a new toy. Why a Blazer? Why NOT a Blazer?!?!

Got the frame stripped down and replaced the front section on the drivers side. Threw the 3.73 axles under it and put the body back on to check lift clearance and so I can get started on rocker replacements and fender trimming.

Rear tire clearance. It looked alright at first, but some work with a jack proved otherwise. Only a little work required on the front edge of the fender lip to keep it from rubbing too much.

Front tires are gonna rub BAD if I don't rework the openings to fit better. Already had planned to cut the lower boxes off the front, but do a much better job than a previous owners attempts at cutting stuff off. Also going to have to trim out the rear of the openings to clear with the tires turned.

I'll just have to make sure I get everything I cut on to look like it was supposed to be shaped that way, not like the usual sawzall warrior hack-jobs I see all too often. I was also thinking about drilling and tapping the wheels to accept an extra set of 73+ 4x4 rally center caps we have in the garage just to break up all the black with a little shiny. Sure it would be easier to just buy some cheap chrome center caps from the tire shop, but how many people have rally centers on daytona wheels?

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein
2fast55 is offline   Reply With Quote