View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 07:46 PM   #14
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Re: c10 front suspension - what differences between 73-87?

Here's what I learned when doing my 63 truck with a donor.

In my experience, Suburbans are the best donors. I have never seen an 81-91 Suburban that did not have the bigger rotors and a sway bar. There might be some out there but I looked pretty deep and never found one equipped otherwise. Plus Suburbans seem to lead easier lives than pickups do so your chances are better of the parts being in better shape.

Look through my blog a bit. You might have to go back a few pages, but I built a 63 truck and used the entire 73-87 brake and suspension system. The master cylinder bolted directly to the firewall without mods. The brake lines all worked without mods. The proportioning valve laid right on the frame and just required me to drill two holes for the mounting bolts. I used 73-87 brake hoses front and rear. Seriously, other than drilling the two 5/16 holes for the prop mount bolts, it was bolt in. Even the holes for the later model front brake hoses were already in the frame.

Again, check my blog back a bit for details and if you have any questions just ask. My photobucket account has thousands of pictures so I probably have one that would clear up any questions.

And, that slammed427 guy is flat wrong on just about all he wrote. Disregard that stuff.

Last edited by Tx Firefighter; 02-13-2011 at 07:41 AM.
Tx Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote