View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 10:22 AM   #179
JohnC

Re: Chevy Sport Truck questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizztex View Post
Actually I purchased a Chevy truck in 1989 at Plains Chevy in Amarillo,texas. I do not have it anymore totaled it in a accident. It was a 1989 chevy stepside with a conversion done by Regency(I think) It had been lowered by factory. Had running boards and body kit. Paint(complete vehicle) -midnight Blue metallic. Wood trim inside with bucket seats with center console. It had a 5 speed manual transmission. I was told the engine was supposed to be 454(but it wasnt ready) so it had a high performance 350. I was also told it was only available in 3 states-Texas,Arizona and either California or Oklahoma. It also had Rat in pinstriping on each door. It was a single cab 2wd. Had custom rims. On the inside of the door it said Cheyenne. I know there was a red and a white one on the lot when I bought it. Ive been trying to track one down and unfortunally I cant find one or even anyone that knows what Im talking about. Still looking though!!!!
Regency did a lot of conversion trucks. They have since gone out of business I believe. They had a shop between Ft. Worth, and Denton. I used to work at a Pontiac/Buick/GMC dealership in 1995/1996 and we had several of the Regency trucks on the lot. They used the Cheyenne trim level trucks to do the conversions a lot of the time.
JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote