View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 08:42 PM   #8
Critter
Future TOTM Winner

Re: Transmission lines - which goes where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrein3 View Post
Be careful if you live in a cold climate. That picture is BACKWARDS for those of us up north. In the winter that diagram might have you returning tranny fluid that is too cold to your transmission.

Up here you route hot fluid to the external cooler first. Then to the radiator to heat it up some when it is -20 outside.

I like to post this disclaimer every time we talk external transmission coolers. I'd hate to see somebody in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan hook their new $1500 700r4 like some southern boy then wreck it with cold tranny fluid.
Ok, if you would have said my little diagram was totally wrong/backwards I wouldn't have argued at all, its possible it is wrong. BUT you are telling me that trans cooler lines need to be connected one way for one climate, and the opposite way for another??? I find it hard to believe that Chevy (or ford or dodge or etc) would have manufactured them one way for the north and one way for the south. So if the manufacturer didn't have to produce two different ways, I don't think we would have to. I'm not saying your necesarrily wrong, it just goes against everything I know about mass produced vehicles...which isn't everything...but it's a little. Can you elaborate or tell me where I am wrong?

Check it out www.lsdyno.com
Critter is offline   Reply With Quote