View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 01:12 AM   #208
Oilbrnr

Re: NV4500 swap is underway

She looks great Larry! Assuming the mtn. range in the pic is to the west, you need to retake that pic in the same spot after a fresh snow at sunrise! The grill does look better. (I'd like to chat with you later on the argent paint you didn't use)

Seats turned out great! I guess I didn't realize how different those final square body burb seat were with the Cabela's covers on. (which if I would save for runs where things are dusty/dirty, as they are not hard to throw on quick)

I'm real curious to see how you like that ACC *molded* mat long term.

I did my K5 with it two years ago about this time of year. In my shop at the time it was ~50* and it proved to be a challenge to work with. I thought that a heat gun would work well to help form it. NOT!

Maybe their formula is different now, but my mat SHRUNK with heat. And here in Scottsdale/Phoenix it has continued to contract. It is starting to put considerable stain on the floor dimmer switch and under my right heel. Most products like this expand with heat, this seems to be out-gassing/drying/black-holing and shrinking in the process.

I'm freshening up my '80 K20 Custom Deluxe work-truck, and I'm going back to loop carpet with rubber floor mats. Too bad to hear about the Husky liners. I was going to offer to buy them!

Interesting to hear about the NV4500 tick. Your idea to run it for a bit and then check or have the oil inspected is good. Proll'y run like that for another 200k! Do different oils help? And unless I missed it, how do you think the longer high speed drives to your destination adventure trips are going to be now? I know that was one of your major goals after the N-AZ/Canyon/UT trip. Also, have you started a thread about the new shell replacement?

'66 C10 w/factory A/C
'77 Cheyenne K5 350/465/205
'80 Custom Deluxe K20 350/465/205
'04 Denali XL
'05 DMax CCLB 4x

Have a Hickey Sidewinder Winch and need the owners/install manual? Send me a PM with your email address and I'll forward you a .pdf

Last edited by Oilbrnr; 02-18-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Oilbrnr is offline   Reply With Quote