View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 05:05 AM   #78
mrhino
Account Suspended

Re: show photos of your bench seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
I'm wonderin if anybody who had the foam replaced did the upholstery shop replace it or was it from a vendor? 250-300 just for the bottom and around 5-600 for the top and bottom foam seems kinda high, what so special about them?

Some nice looking seats, i'm trying to decide on a cover from a vendor or having the upholstery shop do the whole thing. pro's and cons ect..

I have new foam in mine. My neighbor is a designer/cutter for a local foam shop. they do high quality foam for marine and rv's. They dont normal do truck seats, but he cut mine special with slightly raised ends and the center is raised as well to give it a custom (bolster) look (even though you cant tell from the pic). My only problem was. He copied the exact thickness of my old stock foam, but when it was installed in the truck, it sat to high. although very comfortable to sit on the seat did not compress like the stock foam. Therefor the seat sat up about 1-2 inches higher. I made some custom brackets so were all good now, but something to be aware of. Although I got the "Buddy discount" he said a piece of good quality foam like the size I got would have been a couple hundred bucks. I didn't know this at the time but there are many different foam density's which effect not only the cushion but the wear and/or the life of the foam. There are many price levels in foam as well.
so I guess if you want to control what kinda foam you have in your seat, check with a upholsterer.

Last edited by mrhino; 02-23-2011 at 05:08 AM.
mrhino is offline   Reply With Quote