View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 06:01 PM   #21
2fast55

Re: Needed a new toy. Why a Blazer? Why NOT a Blazer?!?!

Well, I got my stuff from Monster Transmission on Monday, and so far I am not at all impressed. I looked through the monster in a box kit (I got the mega monster ss because it was supposed to come with EVERYTHING to fully upgrade it) and am pretty disappointed. I could have ordered exactly the same parts for over $100 less from another supplier, and the kit doesn't even include extra sun gear bushings or a hardened intermediate sprag race for a proper high performance/heavy duty rebuild.

I also can't finish putting my transfer case back together because the seals in the NP205 overhaul kit (also from monster) don't fit right. I could have ordered the same gaskets and seals from somewhere else for about $40 less, which would have left me the necessary dollars to locally purchase the correct front output seal and the adapter housing/coupler seals to keep my trans from flooding my t-case with ATF

I called Monster trans today and am working with them to price match the other suppliers (they have a lowest price guarantee), or else I'm going to have to get nasty about their 25% restocking fee on returns (more than the price difference to order somewhere else) so that I can get ALL my money back and order from someone else.

I have also been busy cutting out my rocker panels for replacement. Sure, the torsion boxes themselves were solid, but I found a lot more rust hidden inside. I put in an order yesterday to Wes at Classic Heartbeat, and already got the parts today. It sure is nice to have such a local source for good metal when you come across some unexpected rot. I would have ordered my floor extensions there too, but dollars are dollars, and GMC Pauls had a much better deal on them and I wasn't in a hurry for shipping.

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein
2fast55 is offline   Reply With Quote