View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 06:23 PM   #13
Hoods69BadBowTie
Chevys Kick A$$

Re: Any 3/4 ton with 4"-6" lift pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUISER View Post
You should be able to run 33's with a 3" body lift. I gotta tell you, I don't know much about them except how they work. When you increase the distance between the body and frame, you're changing more than you think. The steering column is firewall mounted but the steering box is mounted on the frame - you have to watch for stress on that rag joint. The engine and fan are mounted on the frame but the radiator and fan shroud are mounted to the body so you have to watch that the fan doesn't make contact with the bottom of the fan shroud. There may be issues with your transfer case shift linkage, maybe not. Things like that have to be taken into consideration. Then there's the cosmetic issue. The bumpers are mounted to the frame and when you move the body up, the gap gets noticeably bigger. It's something you'll notice in the wheel wells as well.

That kind of stuff might not bother you. To me, a spring lift with new shocks is simple and just "right".
Couldn't have said it any better myself. Yes 4" lift will be fine with 35" tires for what you intend to use your truck for.
-'86 K5 Blazer Silverado 6.2 4" lift 35"s
-'95 Ext. Cab Shorty 4" Tuff Country rolling 35" M/T's
-'83 Monte Carlo T-Tops. 126,500 Original Miles
-LATER
I would rather push a Chevy then drive a ford!!
Hoods69BadBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote