View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 04:43 AM   #54
Miller92

Re: faux-tina paint jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIZZLER View Post
Not much to it.we started by sanding with 320.didnt even blow it off after.then the first coat was black put on with a brush.(yes a home depot paint brush).second coat we mixed orange and black to make brown.we put it on with a roller (yes a home depot roller).we put too coats.second coat was mainly on the hood and roof and bed rails.(nice and thick) third coat we sprayed the blue with a harbor freight gun.fourth coat we used white header spray paint and sprayed it from far back just misting it.after it was dry we started wet sanding with 1000 grit for a long time.you need to take your time and only break through the layers that you want.if you push to hard you will find bare metal.the slower you go the more first layer (black) you can find.after your happy with it you take some red scotch brite pads and hit the whole thing.this will take the sheen from the wet sanding away.hope this helps.we used duplicolor from napa.
Hey Chizzler, would you mind if I used your truck as an example on the Photobucket section? I wanna do my truck like yours but with different colors. My seats are tan so I was thinking brown as the top coat and black as the base coat coming through. Or if somebody has an opinion on something they think would look better I'd love to hear it, I'm partial color blind and not that great at matching colors up so not real sure how good it'll look.
Miller92 is offline   Reply With Quote