View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 09:37 AM   #4
Tmwoodall

Re: 67 SWB roller, 20" wheels, Roll Pan, and more

A few more details on the truck:

The frame appears to be totally straight and in good shape. It is a good candidate for a restore. The cab is not in as good of shape. It has rust in the kick panels on the passenger side, rockers, and a few small spots in the floor. I have taken pictures of every problem area that I know of in the album below. The cab could be brought back to life without that much work if one was so inclined. If you want to see a different shot, just let me know.

The hood has a dent in the crest of the nose that had some body work started on it, the same for the drivers corner it had a small dent. The underside is coated in semi-gloss frame epoxy and is actually in pretty good shape. There is NO rust on the hood at all. The fender has some issues that are shown in detail in the album below. Both problem areas are repairable with patch panels from any number of vendors. The cowl panel someone decided to shave the antenna hole with a panel from a blazer and it is sloppily welded on. It could be cleaned up and easily used for a shaved cowl.

What is good: Doors, back glass, frame, transmission?, drive shaft, rear end?, axles, steering, gas tank, hood, and I am sure more that I overlooked...

The seat pictures is not original, but seems to be a good fit. It has a fold down arm rest next to the driver. It is not bolted, but just in the cab loose. It is not in pristine shape but could be used.

I DO NOT have a title, or even a vin plate for the truck.