View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 11:09 AM   #367
Custom 68

Re: Boyd Welding-67-72 Rear Mount Aluminum Tank

cool cool.
Ok i have followed this from the beginning and even looked back some and at your website which by the way is great looking.
Just to confirm a couple things. I swapped to a plastic blazer tank with an external pump a few years ago and well dont like it much. this is for a EFI (ls1 setup). I cut the smaller spare tire cross member out and this fits pretty good but is ugly. I assume this will just fit right in its place. I want to confirm but I currently have a side filler since it is on the tank I have. Your photos show this to be a a 90 degree out of the tank can this be rotated up slightly? My tank has a smaller filler neck and is slow to fill.
I am concerned my external pump might go out as it did on my way back from Mobile on the Power Tour. I dont like the external pump as well as the internal one.
Can you elaborate on the baffles some more?
I know most of this may be in this post but it is 15 pages I looked thru part of it again and didnt see all this.
Again thanks
Dave

Oh yea I want to put my name in for one of the slots.
"A good friend will bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "that was frekin awesome".
"If it doesn't fit force it...If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway!"

Last edited by Custom 68; 03-01-2011 at 11:11 AM.
Custom 68 is offline   Reply With Quote