View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 09:08 PM   #14
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: NV4500 swap is underway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billhilly View Post
Was going to ask if you had seen those photos. I guess so. You painting your's blue? Inside toilet or no? You won't know yourself this summer with all the upgrades!
Nah, it is going to be gray like the Rhino lining on the rockers with some desert themed vinyl graphics. Blue looks good on the current topper but with a bigger camper, I think the body color blue would be too much where it would look like a big blue blob. It will have a removable cassette toilet, water heater and outside shower. Instead of a traditional RV type refrigerator I spec’d an aluminum National Luna Weekender 52 Liter Fridge/Freezer that will be mounted on the floor near the entry door (the idea is to keep all the heavy stuff down low to keep the CG as low as possible). The door will actually be offset to the passenger’s side to make room for this fridge/freezer. This is a badass fridge…..just like the ones you all use in the Outback!

You’re right! We are going to be camping in style this summer and won’t even know how to rough it anymore.

Here are a couple sneak peeks at mine.

Rounded corners above the cab instead of squared off edges.

National Luna Weekender 52 Liter Fridge/Freezer

If you remember the Turtle Expedition II truck from the old articles in FOUR WHEELER (back when they actually had articles worth reading). Well, that was my dream truck when I was a kid which you can kind of tell

Last edited by DirtyLarry; 03-01-2011 at 09:23 PM.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote