View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 02:28 AM   #17
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: NV4500 swap is underway

Billhilly,

I hear you on cassette toilets being they are meant to be good, but the reality they really aren’t worth a s#!t…but better than nothing. Chances are this one will never get used unless by some far off chance the boss actually goes with me on a trip. I know where you are at and the Outback isn’t exactly in your back yard but it is much closer to you than us.

We got the tcase but back together today but didn’t have time to install it in the truck yet. Hopefully, tomorrow I’ll get it bolted in and go for a test drive. Also got the ’68 GMC going today after a 5 year hiatus sitting the corner of the shop. Zoomad75 stopped by this afternoon just in time to help get it fired up. Had to get it running as it is getting relocated to the front garage as the blue topper that is coming off is getting moved into the corner where the ’68 has been sitting. Got to make room for the new addition coming home!

Speaking of that….here are a few more baby pictures of the Phoenix

This is my buddies sweet Ram Charger. If you look closely you can tell this Ram Charger and my K10 are built by the same two guys.... the two trucks have a lot in common. He just finished up reworking his rear bumper this week to add a basket for Scepter cans. This Ram Charger is awesome. ¾ ton drivetrain, ARB’s air lockers front and rear, 12,000lb Warn winch, on-board air and many other goodies. The only thing it is lacking is power....the 5.2L is a bit underpowered and will eventually get replaced with something more substantial. He will be reworking my rear bumper shortly to add a tire mount and fuel can basket as well. It will look just like his for the most part. The plan is for us NOT to pull the off-road trailer anymore when we go on our long distance adventures. The trailer gets to be a hassle on tight trails.

DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote