Thread: Freddy's '52
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 09:42 PM   #145
WIDESIDE72

Re: Freddy's '52

[quote=1952ssr;4545695]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDESIDE72 View Post
This thread is a WEALTH of information!!! I will be putting a 94 Caprice 9C1 LT1 AND 4L60E in my 55 1st series with an 85 S10 LWB chassis. I am sure that I will be coming back here often.

I have a question aout the Aveo guages. I assume that the spacing between them is different than stock, making in necessary to build a new pod in the dash (?) Would it be possible to separate the gauges to prevent having to build a new gauge pod?

Afraid not on the pod, your idea was what I had in mind to start. Then I received the pod and quickly saw I was in for moding the dash. If your 9C1 has the green hoses they are good forever (never to fail), I found this out on a impala website when I googled LT1 reverse cooling. If you hadn't got one already, order a after market transmission cross member like 50 bucks. It will make for little work and easiler tail pipe routing.
Mine DOES in fact have the green hoses. I plan to reuse them. As for the crossmember,I have one out of my 79 Malibu that was modded for dual exhaust that I pulled when I put in a G-Force crossmember that I am going to try, as wel as one out of a 97 Silverado before I drop coin on an aftermarket one.
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote