View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 06:04 PM   #11
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
I am impressed that you're making good progress on it almost if not every day!!!
Not every day, but as much as my schedule allows and wife will tolerate.

Had to drive up to Minneapolis this morning to bring my oldest home for a week of sitting on her butt resting. College freshman and a good student and active social life. She said she was going to sleep for 3 days.

Once we got back I headed out to the garage and got my metal glaze sanded down. I wiped the dust off and since we are have a very windy day, I opened the garage door and the man door and started blowing as much dust loose as possible. The garage is covered top to bottom, side to side, in and out with primer/putty dust.

I just sprayed some wax/grease remover on it, wiped it down and letting it dry off before the next layer of primer goes on. I'm going to spray it kind of heavy in a few areas because I think I'm going to need it. By tonight I should be right back to where I was on 2/5/2011, post 384.

Hopefully with better results this time. Should just be spot repairs after this round of sanding though. Pics later.

Last edited by hgs_notes; 03-12-2011 at 06:07 PM.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote