View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 08:23 PM   #14
Surfdaddy

Re: 1961 GMC Project. Only a 3/4ton of work

Kind of got shot down over the last week. I took some of the stock 15" split rims to the rim guy closest to my house and after telling him what I had he said he could replace the outer rim with 16" tubless. Drove down there and he said no he couldn't. So either I drive up to Morrow bay or Stocton Wheel and hope they can do it or just run the stock split rims. I found out that the tire guy I go to said he can work change the tires (old time shop) so maybe I'll just do that. Got a phone call from the property manager for our HOA and she said the president of the HOA was complaining that I had ANOTHER project and to becareful about how I went about having my truck torn down. So, I had bead blasted the heater sheet metal, front support brackets and some other stuff and had just primered and just painted it when she gave me the call. So I hurried and put it all back together and got finger prints on some of the paint. (it was too cold to fully cure). So I have to go about this a little diffrently. I was going to leave it parked and so one thing at a timebut now I'll have to keep it together and do smaller things. The good thing is that I'll be driving the truck and not just working on it.
1966 Caprice 2dr
1970 VW Squareback
Surfdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote