Thread: my build thread
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #25
sams60gmc

Re: my build thread

Well guys some slow progress but progress is progress I guess.
I made my brake adapter plate and finished my firewall shave.

I also needed to change out my tail gate trunnions, I made a set of these for a guy at work so I made my self a set. They are UHMW so they wont rust and they will wear great.

Also non truck related but figured I would share a good idea I had.
So my weekend project was refinishing the wheels on my car. I had some deep scratches from the previous owner. I had always wondered about machining the scratches out.
So I went for it. I clamped them down to the vertical mill and machined .015'' out of the lip of my wheel. It worked out great and I would recommend it to anyone with deep gouges in your wheels.
I then DA'd them with 180 then wet sanded them with 320-400-800-1000-1500-2000 to give me a great finish. I picked up some mothers polish but don't know if I'm going to use it yet. I taped off the lip and here is the finished product.
I know its not a truck but, hey this advice may help to save your nice pickup wheels

Also very non truck related, the machine shop I used to work for went out of business so my work had a killer oppurtunity to buy a bunch of thier stuff for a killer deal. Hell I would have bought it all my self if I had a place to put it.
So I got a shop addition super stoked on it, I got 2 new lathes 2 New CNC milling machines, programming software, tooling... A ton of stuff, that ol Yukon had a heavy load on it. Anyways heres the shop extension I'll get some pics up of my machines when I get all organized.
Expect alot of cool machined goodies going on this truck soon!
Where I'm standing is in my current shop that is bigger than that area.
Cheers guys.

1960 GMC short fleet, full frame build...
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=329718
sams60gmc is offline   Reply With Quote