View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 12:35 PM   #97
crakarjax

Re: Bagged 05 Suburban

Wow, great thread! I just stumbled upon this via a tahoe/yukon forum as "pretty much the only air ride writeup" that someone on there could find.

I recently bought an '05 Z71 Suburban and really want to bag it as well... but first a few questions

- How would the procedure differ for a 4wd suburban? Would there be clearance issues?
- Did you get rid of your torsion bars althogether?
- Is there any other place to mount the air tanks? I relaly want to keep the spare tire for... emergencies. I wonder if there is space in the rear interior where the jack/fake subwoofer are?
- Why did you run two tanks and compressors? Does it seems like you should be able to drop it and pump back up with the air in one tank?
- What would you do differently if you were to do it over?
- What are the level sensors for? I know there are stock sensors, can they be reused?
- Is there an alternative to using those shockwaves in the front, ie regular bags?

If I muster up the will to dive into this I'm planning on doing a well documented how-to, and I'm going to try to make it a budget build (<$1000)! I realize that this thread is pretty old but hopefully you are still active enough to see this. (fingers crossed)