View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 01:32 PM   #4
mrein3

Re: Bedside help????

I bought a dis-assembled bed from a guy over in the land of cheesheads (Wisconsin). I wanted to patch the gas door in the RHS. I peaked inbetween the inner and outer to see what I was up against and couldn't believe the surface rust in there. Remember, if you aren't in the desert, places on older vehicles between sheetmetal didn't get paint like modern, dipped bodies. This is why all our rockers except for about 12 trucks in Phoenix and LA need their rockers replaced.

Long story short I split the inner from the outer. Sorry about the quality of the picture - I had to use Paint here to shrink it to fit. If you look along the top, inside rail you'll see about 15 million spot welds that need to get drilled out. About 8-10 along the back area around the tail lights. About tha many more at the front. And about a half a dozen around the wheel well.

I really hope it doesn't take an experienced body man to put it together. I'm far from experienced at this stuff but unless you try it you'll never know.

I'm waiting for warmer weather to put it back together.
Attached Images

Center City, MN
mrein3 is offline   Reply With Quote