View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 10:36 PM   #98
LooseCannon

Re: Bagged 05 Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakarjax View Post
Wow, great thread! I just stumbled upon this via a tahoe/yukon forum as "pretty much the only air ride writeup" that someone on there could find.
Thanks! It's fun to drive and gets a lot of looks.

Quote:
- How would the procedure differ for a 4wd suburban? Would there be clearance issues?
Only difference in 4wd are the half shafts. Depending on how low you go they might need to be removed.

Quote:
- Did you get rid of your torsion bars althogether?
Yes, the torsion bars must be removed.

Quote:
- Is there any other place to mount the air tanks? I relaly want to keep the spare tire for... emergencies. I wonder if there is space in the rear interior where the jack/fake subwoofer are?
You might be able to mount one 5 gallon tank behind the rear bumper while maintaining the spare and mount the compressor along the frame rail. I don't think you can mount 2 tanks and keep the spare though.

Quote:
- Why did you run two tanks and compressors? Does it seems like you should be able to drop it and pump back up with the air in one tank?
One tank and compressor will work but I hit the switches a lot and wanted a system that would quickly refill the tanks.

Quote:
- What would you do differently if you were to do it over?
Run 20's instead of 18's.

Quote:
- What are the level sensors for? I know there are stock sensors, can they be reused?
Using sensors to set ride height is more accurate than relying on air pressure. ART advertises that the vehicle is supposed to be within 1/8" of the preset height each time the truck is raised. Mine is more like within a 1/4".

Quote:
- Is there an alternative to using those shockwaves in the front, ie regular bags?
I think Ekstensive suspension out of Houston makes a conversion kit for our trucks that allow you to use regular bags.

Keep us posted on your build .
LooseCannon is offline   Reply With Quote