View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 11:48 PM   #11
Glennerd

Re: Olds powered 72 GMC

Pardon me folks. Sadly I don't have much great news about the engine. From my understanding, the motor only has about 15,000 miles on it after a complete rebuild "BUT" it's a 1977 350 block. First year of the less desired, low nickle content, lightened main support blah blah. The engine is cammed a fair bit, but I have no specs on it. Just purchased a billet HEI dist. last week (truck now has points) and a week before I bought it the previous owner put in a streetfire multi spark w/rev limiter, msd wires, flamethrower coil (that I don't need now), new exhaust from collectors back w/magnaflow mufflers and new rotors/drums and brakes. It sounds great and it will fry the tires right off from a stand still all day long. I bought the truck last year and drove it for an hour before the tranny emptied out on me. It has been parked since. Now it has to be finished properly. I have a couple photos and one is of the driver's motor mount. If you look close, you can see that the install expert collapsed the front header tube to make room around the mount. I have a new 350 tranny so I'm gonna pull the headers to make some room for the swap, pull the dent and cut the mount a bit where it needs it.
Attached Images

Glennerd is offline   Reply With Quote