joe231

Re: My Crew Cab Short Bed Project, AKA "Project Destiny"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieloRidez View Post
Nice score man! Love the burban tank by the way thats a neat idea
Thanks Willie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTCK View Post
Awesome looking build. I really like the tank swap. I think that's going to have to go on my to-do list. You won't have any trouble finding reasonably priced running gear up here, but be ready to pay through the nose on shipping any parts you need. When I did my EFI swap the shipping on the baffled tank from LMC was almost as much as the tank...

Safe travels.
Thanks Marcus,
Shipping is definitely a drawback up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyP View Post
Nice looking seats there Joe, hope they don't take away to much from the back seat leg room. The kids would not like that.
Gas tank looks great in there, glad to see that almost done! Had any luck finding a topper for it yet? And remember, if it were not for Texas, Oklahoma might fall in to the Gulf.
Thanks Randy,
We rode in the uncle's '07 crew with the same seats, it didn't seem any bigger than my crew and it was roomy so hopefully they work out ok. I'm not putting them in the crew right now. I'm gonna put them in the '66 for our trip since I will need to modify the seats or the floor in my crew to get them to fit.

I talked to the topper people you showed me on craigslist. They said they have 2 toppers to fit, one for $350 and one for $450. But he wouldn't give me any good pics. He sent what looked like he took a picture of his computer monitor of the craigslist ad. I told him there was no way I'm driving all that way with out some decent pics first. He said he would get back to me, but that was about a week ago....so I'm still looking.
Posted via Mobile Device