GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke1 View Post
looking good!!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by xludan View Post
What brand epoxy primer did you go with? Did you have any problems with the recoat window before you shot the 2k primer? (i.e. did you have to scuff up the epoxy primer before you shot the 2k?)
The epoxy primer was martin Sr crossfire CP400 I think. I did not scuff it before the 2k primer, I honestly didn't really think about it. I probably made other mistakes along the way too. The body shop said it didn't matter what I used under the 2k I got from them. One thing I did do was use brake cleaner (didn't have the standard wax and grease remover then) to wipe everything down before the 2k primer and that stuff will basically wipe it off if you use too much for too long. It wasn't the smoothest surface either because I don't think my gun was set up right when I sprayed the epoxy, is seemed almost textured to me.

I wouldn't recommend doing it that way, but that's how it goes sometimes. I think the length of time the primer had to dry/cure and shrink (if any) before it was worked on makes a difference also.

Last edited by hgs_notes; 03-15-2011 at 05:15 PM.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote