View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 12:44 AM   #137
fryer1979
Redneck Hillbilly

Re: Fryer1979 '66 C-10 Build

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted on here. Went through a three month tour on a really crappy post, no internet access, and a couple of nasty colds. I've had some pretty heavy lows with the project, and received some really bad news regarding the title. Basically put, there is no legal for me to register this truck with it's current vin number......ever. So, I came to a decision and totally changed my direction. This current project is going to be mostly reassembled, and stored for a future 4x4 swap. I'd like to have one of these trucks in a 4x4 chassis, and since in California vehicles are registered by their chassis, I could swap in a few year latter chassis and be able to register and drive it. I'm not going to scrap her or sell her off so don't worry. she's just going to go into deep storage for a while.

In the mean while......I stumbled across this: Gentlemen, I introduce Tanya;

Name:  purchase0502272011.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  50.5 KB
Name:  purchase0102272011.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  39.5 KB
Name:  purchase0302272011.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  42.0 KB

Tanya is another 1965 C-10, small window, long bed. She has the original 230 ci inline six, and the granny gear 4 speed, While she is a little more rusty than Junkyard Dog is, she is still in solid and driveable shape. In fact I drove her the entire 80+ miles home on the highway. I gotta say though, these trucks sure don't like highway speeds. I can't even describe how much I enjoy driving the old girl around, but those of you who have driven one know exactly what I mean. Plans remain similar to the last one, only this time things will be done one step at a time with keeping her on the road as a main goal. The only question that remains is: Should I start a whole new build thread for Tanya, or just keep on going in this one?

Last edited by fryer1979; 03-19-2011 at 12:49 AM.
fryer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote