View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 07:29 PM   #6
dccarpenter

Re: help me get my stupid burb started, part 2..

Just wanted to pipe in that I feel your pain, I've been facing nothing but an onslaught of problems with my trucks and it's getting to the relationship problems stage with the gf over them. The constant borrowing of her car and cash and time outlays on the trucks is getting ridiculous to even me...

I had a Bronco two years ago that had the same starting problems..I'd keep replacing the battery cables, starter, batteries, relay, etc.. and it kept killing itself. Someone had messed with the wiring bad trying to put a security system in at some point and I could start it two or times but wait a few days or week and the next you time started it it would grenade something, fuses, starters, batteries, etc.. Ignition coil and distributor cap have been my no start cause on the past two trucks, '67 gmc and '84 chevy, and bad wiring to starter was the problem on the '75 Blazer.

Basically I only buy things that don't work recently..had a good 5 year run of buying junk $300 vehicles that ran despite my abusing them with no maintenance but that has come crashing to a halt. I've tried using reputable shops too..it never seemed to help, figuring out and understanding the problems myself seems to be the only thing that helps.
dccarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote