View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 10:23 PM   #99
BlueJeep

Re: My version of the s10 swap

Time for some updates.

Here's my crew. Myself on the left, my buddy JR on the right, and my twin 3 1/2 year old boys who constantly remind me the daddy has a "broken old truck"!!

Here's how the truck looked as it left my garage in the end of February:

And here's how it looks tonight:

And if you look towards the back of the trailer, you can see the bed in bare metal:

Now I have a lot of work to do! The inside, underneath, and hard-to-reach, and crusty areas were sandblasted. The entire cab, and the underside of the bed were then shot in SPI epoxy primer, 2 coats.

Next on the list are all the rust repairs, as well as welding up the holes I don't want anymore. I feel so much better knowing that I'm starting with a clean slate and it's now 100% (or as close to that as I could get it) rust-free!

I'll probably post some more pictures tomorrow night when I get it out of the trailer, but I'm excited to get going on it. The bed is bare metal because it has 60 years worth of use that I'm going to practice straightening. I've even got a shrinking disc I want to learn how to use...so fun times coming up.

A big thanks to my dad for organizing all the primer work, helping with the blasting, and for installing e-track to the inside of his trailer to make hauling my stuff more convenient!

86 Suburban
88 Jeep 6.0 swap
49 Chevy truck
54 Chevy wagon

86 Suburban lowered 4/6
54 Chevy wagon
49 Chevy/s10 mix
88 Jeep Wrangler rockcrawler

Last edited by BlueJeep; 03-21-2011 at 10:29 PM.
BlueJeep is offline   Reply With Quote