View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 02:03 AM   #57
burlapen

Re: Building and rebuilding my grandpa's 63

Well... one step forward, two steps back. I borrowed a friends trailer and got the cab, bed and misc parts loaded up and ready to go to the blaster. Turns out we had an unexpected $500 bill come up this month. The bad news is blasting will not be getting done anytime real soon. The good news is we were very blessed to have the money to take care of our bills :-). So, after offloading the trailer of all of the parts, I worked with parts that I had already gathered and got the rear suspension assembled. The 4" Early Classic rear springs make the ol pickup seem really low at first glance. Of course the cab mounts aren't installed yet so the cab appears lower than it will be. Hope to tackle the front suspension this week (except for calipers which I don't have yet). Goal after that will be to get the 5.3 cleaned up and ready for install. Im still up in the air on a transmission at this point. I really want to keep it a stick and run a T56 but the prices are pretty steep. Im thinking of just dropping in a junkyard turbo 400 auto until I can save some cash for the T56.
Attached Images

My build thread
burlapen is offline   Reply With Quote