View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 10:51 AM   #9
adpostel

Re: C notched and dropped???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-PMD-GMC View Post
that part of the build changed when I saw that it wasn't going to work without major work and it still wouldn't be right, splicing and boxing a frame and C-notching are completely different.
My build thread isn't even close to up to date but is now a boxed and highly reinforced 1/2 ton SWB with a 3/4 ton 79 front suspension and 3/4 ton rear disk set-up. just sayin'
Good deal.... Ya, I was also very interested in the link that the other poster put up about the structural integrities of the different style notches. So your post isn't taken as bashing, but only as reference. Now, after looking at that information about the C-Notch, I'm gonna definitely be going on the fact that, so far, I haven't seen anything negative about C-notching. I won't be doing any towing with the truck, just more of a weekend cruiser. So I'll just hope for the best.

I hope no one takes any of these posts from myself or the OP in a bad way, I think we're all just looking for information. That is what this forum is all about.

66-PMD good luck with your project......