View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 01:22 PM   #11
66-PMD-GMC
The 60-66 GMC/Pontiac guy....

Re: C notched and dropped???

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeroadster View Post
What?
There are a lot of negatives when it comes to c-notches if they are not done correctly. And those negatives are pointed out in the Frame Notch Based On Strength link listed above. Take the time to read through that post and you will see how terribly weak some of the notches are. If you use a c-notch without adequate welded in reinforcement plates your frame can loose 80% or more of its strength.

Don't "just hope for the best". The rest of us driving out there expect more from you than that.
That is about all I was after in my post. -Why- is what I was asking.
It isn't a matter of towing or not or load in the bed. It was the obvious that was astounding to me and the fact that it has progressed to a point of absurdly hacked frames. Frames that in a collision will twist right up to the front bumper.
Nobody knows what will happen on the road ever.
But my main question was, and possibly not worded correctly, are people going overboard on this slamming thing to the point of absurdity???
A truck laying on its frame looks dumb to me and cool to others.
But, in a nutshell, some trucks look down right unsafe... to the driver and others on the road...

Building Genuine Pontiac Firepowered cars and trucks for several decades.

Why Pontiac?? That's just me daring to be different.

Projects..

63 C10 Short Wheel Base fleetside (The Pro-Street) currently under reconstruction.
440CID 2X4 Pontiac
66-PMD-GMC is offline   Reply With Quote