View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 09:27 PM   #20
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: C notched and dropped???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-PMD-GMC View Post
Look, I am not bagging on anyone here, just trying to understand.
It seems the largest percentage of people starting threads on this forum are C notching and or dropping their trucks.
I can't personally see the allure but to each his own.
My question is; does everyone here realize the compromise in structural integrity they are making by hacking up the frame like this??
In a rear or side impact these frames will buckle and fold big time.
I recently saw a Z notched truck that was reinforced and built in such a manner that it seemed the more logical way to "slam" a guys truck.
My other question is; is everyone doing this (slamming their trucks) because it improves the looks of the truck and the handling or is it just a fad that the hobby is going through??
When you come to a forum and start a post with " I am not bagging on anyone here" you have already sent a message that is going to generate some negative responses. Then you follow it with "I can't personally see the allure ... and.... does everyone here realize the compromise in structural integrity they are making by hacking up the frame like this??

If you really want to educate yourself, then ask how can it be done safely rather than start a post that is a thinly disguised attempt to stir crap.

Lets start with your biased opinion that since you don't much care for lowered trucks, that it must all be a "fad" that will soon go away. I have been driving lowered vehicles for 30 years and it was going on long before I started, so I'm not seeing it as anything "trendy" that will soon go away.

More to the point, is why you feel that a truck that requires a C-notch must be "hacked" and the "structural integrity" has been compromised? If you actually spend some time reading the posts in this forum you might realize that every Staff Member and most regular users here promote doing suspension mods in the safest possible manner.

John (lakeroadster) and Scoti are perfect examples of members that go above the average with their concerns over structural integrity of their modifications. If you take the time to look closer you will see that is very much what we all try to promote here.

If you came here to learn, please do some research and ask questions in a positive manner. We will be glad to offer you some positive insight to our passion for lowered trucks. If you continue with the condescending devils advocate approach, your stay will be short and uncomfortable.

Just to get you started on the right path, a lowered truck that is not equipped with a hydraulic suspension hasn't been called a "Lowrider" in a few decades, so please adjust your terminology accordingly.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 03-25-2011 at 09:29 PM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote