View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 05:14 PM   #237
SCOTI

Re: No Limit '72 C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
Looks great and I like the R&P swap but I have a few concerns and questions on the modifications to the A arms moving the ball joint out without giving a bit more explanation as to why you are doing this. I see the concept for this particular truck as the main focus is corner carving and running autocross where the alignment setup is quite a bit different from what would be desirable on the street to increase the longevity of a set of tires that sometimes now cost in the hundreds of dollars each.
Basically a front end that is set up correctly for Autocross will put severe wear on the inside tread of a set of tires in a few thousand if not hundred miles. Great for going faster around corners but not great when a set of tires might cost a guy as much or more than a month's net pay in a lot of cases and having increased negative camber could wear out a pair of tires before the second payment is due.
I beleive the BJ relocation was for increased caster.

And factory camber settings were around +.5 w/o wearing tires down so going -.5 would be the same amount of wear but benefit handling ability alot by keeping the nose of the truck in check & limiting the amount of 'push' in a constant corner.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote