View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 11:56 AM   #240
SCOTI

Re: No Limit '72 C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
I realize that Scott but quite often what works great for racing or some sort of competition doesn't always give optimum results for a strictly street driven vehicle. The increased caster will let the wheel snap back to center quickly and should allow the truck to track well. Usually a vehicle that is set up for serious autocross work will have around 1-1/2 to 2 degrees negative camber so that the outside tire has full tread contact on hard turns. That as you mentioned above would be out of alignment on a street only rig.

I just don't want to see guy who don't quite understand that this particular truck is being set up primarily to run hard and quick in it's chosen track venue with being street driven a secondary consideration. That fact that it may take higher steering effort or wear tires a bit more really isn't an issue as long as it keeps dropping the times at the track. What is a great modification for this truck might not be the best modification for a truck that is only driven on the street and primarily driven to cruise nights or shows.
From what I've read, this is not an 'all out' vehicle like the Ford truck is. It's being built for the street & still have the ability to handle track days too.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote