View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 05:15 PM   #110
cayoterun

Re: 84 GMC C2500, V12 powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFloyd View Post
I love these builds with unique parts.

I know you seem to be using the cab at it's original position now, but when I saw your original photoshop with the long nose, it got me thinking...

What if you used the current frame, did the long nose, but used a blazer body instead of the truck cab/box? I am not sure the exact differences in length of them, but it should give you some room to play with. You'll just have the long nose as before.
A great idea, however I'm hung-up on using propane as a fuel, and it takes some rigging up to use propane in an inclosed vehicle to make it legal and safer. I rigged a '58 Chevy Impala up to use dual-fuel and put tank in trunk with all the legal plumbing as a novelty. I showed the car in OKC, had a fellow ask me all about the system, and quizzed me pretty hard about. He seemed fairly knowledgable about propane use. When we finished talking, he smiled, complimented the installation and said he was a state LP inspector. Still, I never did feel comfortable doing it. If the tank got a small leak, it could sure blow a guys whiskers off.

I am having second thoughts about this set-up. It's sure using all my limited metal skills trying to make this work. I'm starting to think the end result might be more butchered than the long nose.
I'm envious of those like Rap-em-Papy and others who can do neat metal work like they do. I sure can't afford to have a professional do it.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Cayoterun

I think I'll do it myself and pay the extra $500.

Last edited by cayoterun; 03-31-2011 at 05:21 PM.
cayoterun is offline   Reply With Quote