View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 09:58 PM   #1
LEEVON

Put a 5" lift on an '09

This is my Brother-in-law's truck, he brought it to my house this weekend so we could install a Rough Country 5" suspension lift. He also added 1.5" lower strut spacers and we'll probably compensate in the rear with another 1". The wheels are powdercoated GMC 20's, the same wheels that are on my truck but gloss black and the tires are Nitto 35's. The install went well, although it took us about 9 hours with air tools and no lift and was tiring. The instructions just got in my way, they were aweful and it would have gone quicker without referring to them. He had to leave the truck here so I could get it aligned and he took mine back to Springfield, MO. I'm heading there for work tomorrow and will swap him out...but maybe I should "lose my phone" and keep cruising for a couple of days It is very nice to drive, the ride is much smoother than I thought it would be and with the six speed trans, the 3:42 gears are do-able. The best part for me is now I have an indentured servant to help me with lower my truck.
Attached Images

Last edited by LEEVON; 04-03-2011 at 09:59 PM.
LEEVON is offline   Reply With Quote