Thread: My new project
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 10:13 PM   #23
rayfinseats

Re: My new project

Thanks Ronny.
The step sides are a lot lighter than the fleet side trucks. REALLY? How much? Interesting. I would be happy with 3000 pounds. My 1990 weighs 4600.

I did make a dash out of 22 gauge aluminum. I spent all last night wiring the dash (relays are interesting) but don't have it all wired into the truck yet. I ended up with (5) 2" gauges. Fuel, oil, water, vacuum, and voltmeter. I finished the brakes this weekend and actually got to drive it around a little. Cant wait to really dig in. I have been crazy busy at the upholstery shop. I was looking at the tires today and they are like brand new (31 x 10 x15). I only paid $550 for the whole truck. The engine seems strong but needs new exhaust. It has ramhorns and I'm thinking dual turbo mufflers with turnouts in front of rear wheels, doing my own fab. We have no inspections in Iowa to worry about. But I will make sure its safe. This aint my first rodeo. I built a ton of hot rods and drag cars.

I cut out the dash from the glove box up and put the fuseboxes and relays in the glovebox. My switch panel has a hinge at the bottom in case I need to add circuits later.

Last edited by rayfinseats; 04-03-2011 at 11:05 PM.
rayfinseats is offline   Reply With Quote